any drawbacks to 64-bit versus 32-bit install?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 17:03:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 10:20 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> I use 64-bit Firefox with nspluginwrapper for Flash. In fact, I
> prefer
> it. Why? Why? Why? (three times, yes) because nspluginwrapper provides
> sandbox environment for plugins. If they crash, Firefox does *not*
> crash. I can simply refresh the browser to try again instead of
> having
> to start Firefox again.

Well, maybe. I use 64-bit F10-pre and Firefox (the whole browser) has
been crashing on me lately. Nothing in /var/log/messages, it just dies.
I still haven't figured out the conditions (it could be an add-on of
course).

One of the positive feature of Google's Chrome browser is that
everything (e.g. every tab) runs in a separate address space. Here's
hoping the next version of FF takes up that idea.

poc