100% CPU usage...

Mike Chalmers mikechalmers70 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 19:47:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Waleed Harbi <waleed.harbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is your kernel version? (uname -a)
> Have you checked top command results? (top)
> Try look at TOP results which process utilize the CPU to 100%
>
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson
> <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:
>>
>> Mike Chalmers wrote:
>> > I am having a problem with Fedora 8. I think that it is using 100% of
>> > my CPU at all times. This is causing things to go slower, probably
>> > much slower. My CPU is a Intel Pentium 4 3.0 ghz 800 mhz, HT enabled.
>> > Thanks for any help.
>> >
>> How much memory do you have? You may want to check memory usage, and
>> how much disk activity you are seeing. I have the same CPU, but with
>> 1G of RAM, and I do not see much CPU usage with normal operation.
>> (Running Wine will peg one HT.)
>>
>> Mikkel
>> --
>>
>>  Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
>> for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!
>>

>> --
>

> --

Top- Cpu(s): 27.2%us,  1.5%sy,  0.0%ni, 71.2%id,  0.0%wa,  0.2%hi,
0.0%si,  0.0%st
Kernel- 2.6.26.6-49.fc8

Sorry I meant 2 GB of RAM. I posted the CPU(s) usage. I do think that
it is at 100% but am not sure. The reason I thought it was is because,
the red area, in the program KSysGaurd, is staying at the top and
everything is going so slow. Thanks.