does the DVD ISO for F10 ever change?

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Wed Nov 26 18:12:12 UTC 2008

Fred Silsbee wrote:
> Let me explain:
>
> I just downloaded F10 dvd iso and burned it onto a DVD -R
>
> It works great and survived a number of tests.
>
> Question: If I repeat the procedure in a few months, will the data change due to updates!
>
> I.e. does the dvd iso image keep up with updates?
>
> If not, I'd expect that the backlog of yum updates would be staggering in a few months.

It doesn't change.  There is an organization with a link on
the Fedora site that does do updated DVDs.  Fedora-remix?

And yes, the changes are huge even after a month or so.  But
  it all works.  In that situation, you would select a
minimal install from the DVD, then use another method to add
all the packages you want to save the time of installing the
obsolete packages first.

eg  rpm -qa > package-list.txt

Edit this to make it a shell script with yum and run it.

eg yum -y update  package name on each line.

Not sophisticated but works.