grub FC7 vs. FC9/10

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 10:06:56 UTC 2008

Hello,

I tried to clone my FC7 to another disk, this it what I did by using
fedora 9 (I also tried Fedora 10) live.
mke2fs /dev/sdc5
tune2fs -j /dev/sdc5
mount /dev/sdb5 /mnt/linux1 -o ro
mount /dev/sdc5 /mnt/linux2
cp -a /mnt/linux/* /mnt/linux2

run a gunb install
fsck /dev/sdc5

But it looks like tha grub do not like when I try to boot on /dev/sdc5,
I get an error 2: (bad file or directory type).

When I boot an sdb5, sdc5 seems OK, I also checked grub.conf.

Could it be a problem between grub of version FC7 which does not like
the partitioning or the cp -a ?

Thank

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk