F-10 system-config-network problem

yordy ymedians at yahoo.es
Thu Nov 27 16:44:54 UTC 2008

I have de same problem, bootup F10 from livecd and system-config-network / Devices tab don't show any devices, I add devices for eth (and wlan) manually and enter my ip configuration, always system-config-network insist in set netmask to 192.168.1.1.

I fix this problem setting ip configuration manually in /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 and set dns information here because throw system-config-network don't work for my.

A question: in /etc/sysconfig/ I see various files for net configuration, for example

/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0

have de same information, I change in /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 and the other files change too automatically, the is any process listen to change in any of this files and updating the others?

Greettings