SOLVED: My nvidia driver for 2.6.27.5-117 has a problem...

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Nov 29 13:09:52 UTC 2008

On 29.11.2008 05:03, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The solution was to tweak the xorg.conf file to what the rpmfusion
>>> people say is needed.  That means ensuring that the following exists in
>>> the xorg.conf file:
>>>
>>> Section "Files"
>>>    ModulePath      "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
>>>    ModulePath      "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
>>> EndSection
> [...]
> The RPMFusion package is broken if that hack is needed in xorg.conf.

As mentioned in another mail: the RPM packages adds those line to
xorg.conf normally. If it doesn't please check why it doesn't and file a
bug -- only then the problem can get solved. And solving problems is way
more important then documenting workarounds.

And a separate dir for the nvidia stuff is needed, as the RPM Fusion
packages can't replace files that are owned by Packages provided by
Fedora -- for example /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so is
owned by xorg-x11-server-Xorg, hence RPM Fusion must write Nvidias
libglx.so to a different path.

Cu
knurd