Beeping while running

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Oct 14 15:00:38 UTC 2008

Recently, one of my machines (running F8) has started beeping and I
can't figure out the reason why.  After watching it this morning, I've
noticed that every 30 minutes it seems to beep 20 times.  It almost
sounds like a BIOS beep, but the machine has 177 days of uptime (and
counting).  So, I'm wondering, what will cause 20 short beeps?  My wife
describes it as almost sounding like a flute.  I figure its got to be a
warning of some kind.  The motherboard is an ABit NF7-S2 with an AMD XP
2600+ CPU and 1.5GB of RAM (3 512MB sticks).

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net