How to install Fedora 9 without DVD drive (but I have usb)

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 20:28:17 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Vijay Gill <vijay.s.gill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to find a way to install fedora 9 without a DVD
> drive but all of the existing solutions seem to be for upto Fedora 8
> only. I am running my server on FC6 and would like to upgrade to
> Fedora 9 which must be pretty stable by now.
>
> I have usb ports available that machine and it can boot from usb.
>
> Regards
> Vijay

>From the F9 documentation. Happy reading.

Instructions to make a bootable usb media.
    http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f9/en_US/sn-making-media.html

See this for alternate installation methods
    http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f9/en_US/ch-other-install-methods.html
The link "Installation from a hard drive" may be what you need.

~af