KDE 4 - thumbnails in dolphin from avi files

Florian Sievert floriansievert at phobeus.de
Tue Oct 28 21:59:12 UTC 2008

Hi Michal,
> How can I see thumbnails from *avi files in KDE dolphin, while icon view is used.

As far as I know, this is basically not a feature of dolphin. However,
please apologize that I made some advertise for my personal testing
repository:
http://www.floriansievert.de/linux/repo/english.html

At the bottom, you'll also find a directory listing allowing to browse
and download single files. There is a package called "mplayerthumbs". If
you install it and restart dolphin it should display video thumbs the
next time. Everything without warrenty.

Best regards,
Florian