Udev net issues

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Sep 2 19:50:06 UTC 2008

>One further clarification:
>
>To make a 'clean' system disk that can be put into another system,
>remove all the /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistant* and
>/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*eth? and
>/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*wlan? and /etc/X11/xorg.conf files.

I think you found the error in my way! I was running while I did it.
I'll keep this email and refer back to it next time.

Out of curiosity now, I also deleted my xorg.conf but if I leave inittab set to 5
it hangs? If I boot to 3, then init 5, it works fine? It also didn't recreate the
xorg.conf file?

Thanks for everything!
jlc