Decent scanning app

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Sep 4 12:56:52 UTC 2008

I'm at my wits end here.  I've googled and looked and tried and can't
find a decent scanning application anywhere.  Back in the F8 days I ran
kooka and it was awesome.  Problem is, it's not actively maintained and
isn't in KDE4.  They do have a new scan app called skanlite, but I"ve
not found it in Fedora 9 repos (although it's possibly in a larger
package like Kooka was).

So, what decent scanning apps are out there?  I tried Gnomescan.  It
sucked. There's no way to add a scanner device to it that I could see.
I was going to go with Xsane, but wasn't sure about it.

If I have to, I'll rebuild kooka for F9, but surely there's a scanning
app in linux that is active and doesn't suck, right?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support