Does Thundergird Crash when to many Emalis in Inbox ??

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Sep 15 16:34:06 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> Jim wrote:
>>
>>> FC8
>>> Does Thunderbird crash when you have  to many emails in Inbox ??
>>> I have a friend that has had thunderbird crash three times in one year
>>> he says he has 600 emails in Inbox, and I check to see how many
>>> emails are in his inbox and there isn't 600 email there. But he does
>>> leave a
>>> lot of emails in the Inbox.
>>> You try to read emails and they are not emails from the person that sent
>>> them ,they are from someoe else.
>>> Is there something wrong with Thunderbird that causes it to crash, when
>>> you get to many emails in the Inbox ??
>>> Is there a better email browser, not Evolution.
>>> Is there a virus out there that affects email boxes, he gets email from
>>> all over the US, I have never seen one person get so emails as he does.
>>>

>> Does he have problems with any other programs crashing?
>>
>> Mikkel
>>
> No, just thunderbird. what I mean by crash is the emails come but there
> screwed up, email comes one person. and has body of email from another
> person.

I have seen this at work.  The only people that this happens with all
use Outlook and Exchange server.  One person it happens with with almost
every email.  I have seen this same problem more times in Evolution than
in TB.

I normally have over 2000 messages in lists that I don't keep a close
eye on that I need to follow from time to time.  I cannot remember the
last time that TB crashed.  My ImageMagick list is presently at 3438
messages.  I guess I had better get reading.  :)

Try running
   File > Compact Folders.

This will clean up index files.  It needs to be run form time to time.

--
Robin Laing