Xorg update kills keyboard

kwhiskerz kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 02:47:30 UTC 2008

I had the same problem both under F9 and Fedora 10 alpha. There is no keyboard
and it is impossible to type anything. It just hangs and does not even respond
to shift-control-1-6 to get a command line login. I also use US-international
(acentos), but that is not the problem. Mine is a USB keyboard.

The interim solution for me was to reinstall /etc/X11/xorg.conf, even though
recent instructions have been that xorg is now self-configuring and the
xorg.conf is not to be used any longer. On my laptop, it was the same. Both
work fine, but only with the old xorg.conf in place.