F8 Canon PowerShot A510 USB device

Clodoaldo Pinto Neto clodoaldo.pinto.neto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 23:26:18 UTC 2008

The camera is correctly detected (Canon PowerShot A510) but i get this
error from Gthumb

"An error occurred in the io-library ('Bad parameters'): Could not
find USB device (vendor 0x4a9, product 0x30c2). Make sure this device
is connected to the computer."

And from gphoto2:

$ gphoto2 --get-all-files
Detected a 'Canon:PowerShot A510 (normal mode)'.
*** Error (-114: 'OS error in camera communication') ***

For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
developer mailing list <gphoto-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, please run
gphoto2 as follows:

   env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --get-all-files

Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.

$ env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile="my-logfile.txt" --get-all-files

*** Error ***
An error occurred in the io-library ('Bad parameters'): Could not find
USB device (vendor 0x4a9, product 0x30c2). Make sure this device is
connected to the computer.
*** Error (-2: 'Bad parameters') ***

For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
developer mailing list <gphoto-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, please run
gphoto2 as follows:

   env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --debug
--debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --get-all-files

Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.

Generated log file is attached.

Regards, Clodoaldo