F8 Canon PowerShot A510 USB device

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Wed Sep 24 00:38:04 UTC 2008



Clodoaldo Pinto Neto wrote:
> The camera is correctly detected (Canon PowerShot A510) but i get this
> error from Gthumb
>
> "An error occurred in the io-library ('Bad parameters'): Could not
> find USB device (vendor 0x4a9, product 0x30c2). Make sure this device
> is connected to the computer."
>
> And from gphoto2:
>
> $ gphoto2 --get-all-files
> Detected a 'Canon:PowerShot A510 (normal mode)'.
> *** Error (-114: 'OS error in camera communication') ***
>
> For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
> Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
> If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
> developer mailing list <gphoto-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, please run
> gphoto2 as follows:
>
>    env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --get-all-files
>
> Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.
>
> $ env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile="my-logfile.txt" --get-all-files
>
> *** Error ***
> An error occurred in the io-library ('Bad parameters'): Could not find
> USB device (vendor 0x4a9, product 0x30c2). Make sure this device is
> connected to the computer.
> *** Error (-2: 'Bad parameters') ***
>
> For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
> Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
> If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
> developer mailing list <gphoto-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, please run
> gphoto2 as follows:
>
>    env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --debug
> --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --get-all-files
>
> Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.
>
> Generated log file is attached.
>
> Regards, Clodoaldo
>
>   
Yes, I had that same problem with mine and never did figure it out. 
Strange thing was it worked on F8 a while back so some update to some
USB driver package I think must have messed it up.  I eventually bought
a new digital camera anyway (higher megapixels) and F8 sees that one
just fine.  What a pain!

Kevin Martin




More information about the users mailing list