Web of Trust (a revolution)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 1 12:56:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 13:42 +0200, "Stanisław T. Findeisen" wrote:
> Sure, you might not be sure how honest a particular person
> is, or how accurate she is when it comes to key signing. But it
> *might* be helpful to know that a key of someone else that you haven't
> met in person has been signed by, say, 10 different people that you
> did meet before

You need to know them more than just having met them before, you need to
know what their attitude is to signing keys.  Will they only sign keys
with users that have credible ID?  And could they spot fake ID?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.