installation problem through yum

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Apr 1 15:41:01 UTC 2009

> On Tuesday 31 March 2009 18:43:45 Rohit Gupta wrote:
>
>> [root at satadal Download]# rpm -Uvh fuse-sshfs-2.1-1.fc10.i386.rpm
>> rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
>
> cd /var/lib/rpm
> /usr/lib/rpm/rpmdb_recover

Hmm...I ran into the same problem as Rohit...didn't think to run
"rpmdb_recover"...I tried "rpm --rebuilddb", which didn't work.

Oddly enough, I rebooted the system in question, and yum/rpm worked just
fine.

I was thinking it might have something to do with libraries not yet in use
or some such.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org