How to delete a printer if cups server is down?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 1 16:13:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 08:04 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I suspect what you say is true since network printers would be picked
> up through cups browsing from the printer server.

You'd hope unavailable remote printers would eventually be automatically
culled.  You'd want some threshold, so that printers that went down for
half an hour, didn't disappear.  Or the office printers you've specially
set options for, but aren't available at home, stay on the system,
albeit in a "currently unavailable" status.  But anything that hadn't
been seen for days or weeks, and/or had no non-default options, could be
erased and left to be rediscovered, later on, if they ever became
available again.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686