Fedora 3, 4 and 6 - Remote Upgrade Advice?

Gabriel - IP Guys Gabriel at impactteachers.com
Thu Apr 2 14:16:37 UTC 2009

Dear All,

Thank you for reading my message. I have to upgrade three linux boxes,
that are FC3,4 and 6. Now, the problem that I have is that these
machines have other services running on them, and I do not want to break
anything.

All three servers are in two collocation facilities, and I believe that
the safest method, is to move all services off from the machines, and
also remove all software to make the machines as stock as possible. I
then plan to run yum upgrade a few times until I'm up to date with the
repo, and then follow that with a yum upgrade - rinse, and repeat until
I'm at FC8 - I'll wait until 11 is in beta before I move forward to FC9.
I would appreciate any help or comments that you have.

Thank you.

---
Mr Gabriel