Yum issues

dcooke at efn.org dcooke at efn.org
Fri Apr 3 02:16:19 UTC 2009

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 06:28:07 +0200
> From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
> Subject: Re: Yum issues..
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>

> Bill Crawford wrote:
>
>> Typo in the package name, it's fedora-release-10.92-1.noarch
>>

> No, 10.92 is for Rawhide, he's on F10.
>

> Kevin Kofler

Kevin,

Either one or many commands haven't worked..since 2 weeks ago.

I posted on the 19th, 23rd, 26th ,31st.

Tried this from an recent example on the list..

[root at boatbuyer grub]# yum install yum-updatesd
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
dries
 [1/7]
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-10.1.noarch.rpm/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 01:21:34 GMT
Server: Apache
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: dries
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from dries: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from dries: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to tr

 messagebus, named or nfs is not working or failed.

 Can't see DVD or read any USB.

 Have many broken links in /etc

 Can I download an .rpm a kernel, something useful and install
manually??

Things can't be more sc***ed up than now.

David..