UDF 2.5 and Blu-ray video creation tools

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Apr 3 16:02:24 UTC 2009

It's my understanding that kernel 2.6.26 brought UDF 2.5 support, but I
am not sure what tools have the capability to create a UDF 2.5 ISO to
burn to a DVD or Blu-ray disc in a video format. My intentions are to be
able to playback AVCHD video on a Blu-ray player. I've stumbled on a
"mkudfiso" project[1] but I haven't tried using it yet. I can't seem to
find any Blu-ray authoring utilities for creating a Blu-ray directory
structure either. Are there any better tools?

As far as Google is concerned, Blu-ray authoring seems to be an entirely
Windows or Mac thing.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/blurayauthor/