messagebus and NFS hanging at start

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Apr 4 04:14:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 21:02 -0700, dcooke at efn.org wrote:

> Is this a problem with system messagebus and NFS connecting to
> LDAP, and why does it occurr?
>
> I need to shorten the time it takes to boot.
>
> If I'm not networking, can I turn NFS off?
>
> Is there a way to modify /etc/ldap.conf or move routes from rc.local?
----
yes, if you're not networking, nfs is pointless.

Sounds as if you enabled LDAP in system-config-authentication. You might
want to uncheck LDAP authentication because that does hang startups
unless you alter /etc/ldap.conf which is pointless if you don't have
LDAP running.

Craig

believed to be clean.