some error messages

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Sat Apr 4 10:17:44 UTC 2009

Bonjour,

I have some error messages in the various log file sent by my F10:

1-

/etc/cron.weekly/makewhatis.cron:

/usr/sbin/makewhatis: line 219: [: too many arguments
/usr/sbin/makewhatis: line 222: [: too many arguments

2-
 --------------------- Selinux Audit Begin ------------------------

  Number of audit daemon stops: 1

 **Unmatched Entries**
  Error sending signal_info request (Operation not supported)

3-
 --------------------- dhcpd Begin ------------------------

 DHCP Server Listening On:
    LPF/ltspbr0/00:13:d4:a1:5d:23/WORKSTATIONS: 1 Time(s)

 Unknown Entries:
    Not searching LDAP since ldap-server, ldap-port and ldap-base-dn
were not specified in the config file: 1 Time(s)

4-
 **Unmatched Entries**
    gdm-session-worker: gkr-pam: couldn't get the user name:
Conversation error: 3 Time(s)
    gdm-session-worker: gnome-keyring-daemon: couldn't lookup keyring
component setting: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible
causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you
have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/

I could not get any info on this site to "enable TCP/IP networking for
ORBit" and I have no nfs lock. Moreover I don't understand what is this
"gnome-keyring-daemon" and what it is used for.

5-
- --------------------- XNTPD Begin ------------------------

 **Unmatched Entries**
   Listening on routing socket on fd #24 for interface updates: 1 time(s)

6-
 --------------------- Smartd Begin ------------------------

 **Unmatched Entries**
 Problem creating device name scan list
 Device /dev/sda: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
 Device /dev/sdb: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
 Device /dev/sdc: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.
 Device /dev/sdd: using '-d sat' for ATA disk behind SAT layer.

These messages seem to be harmless but I want to know their meaning.

If someone has an answer for one or another....

Thanks a lot.

- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique