Editor to program in C

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at panet.co.yu
Sat Apr 4 14:22:00 UTC 2009

On Saturday 04 April 2009 12:56, Paul Smith wrote:

> I am starting to learn how to program in C, and I am looking for a
> proper editor for that. Do you recommend Kate to me? Or is there
> something better?

As others have explained, any text editor might do. I can recommend two of
them. One is kile:

yum install kile

It is primarilly intended for TeX, but it is a very powerful editor in its own
right, and can do c/c++ syntax highlighting and all other things an editor
should be able to.

The other is emacs:

yum install emacs

It is also feature-complete. Can even act as a psychiatrist and chat with you
when you feel down. ;-) Everyone should try it at least once. ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko