"Safely remove" USB stick

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 00:48:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 20:30 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > 1) As far as I can see, you can't remount the drive from the empty
> > window. You have to click on the notifier and select the mount option.
> > This then opens a *second* window. The first window adds no funcionality
> > whatever.
>
> Try reloading it (press F5).

What's your point? F5 causes a status message to appear for a few
seconds, after which it vanishes again. It makes no difference at all to
the remount behaviour.

BTW, why does it take F5 to get the message? Has Dolphin forgotten that
I just unmounted the drive so it has to be told to check again? Is there
some reason it can't keep the status visible to reduce the chance of
user error?

And another thing: using the notifier to mount the drive requires four
mouse clicks (click notifier, click drive id, click to select app, click
OK). Using the Kickoff menu requires two clicks and a hover (click
Kickoff, hover to Computer, click drive id).

poc