revert kernel?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Apr 6 22:25:43 UTC 2009

For testing on a bugzilla, I installed a 2.6.29 kernel from koji.
It worked fine on my test, but now yum is confused and can't
update my kernel with "normal" updates.

How the devil do I cleanly back out 2.6.29 so normal kernel updates
will get installed? (Or what can I tell yum to say "yes, go ahead
and install a older version number kernel").

The new version packages I have installed:

kernel-doc-2.6.29-10.fc10.noarch
kernel-2.6.29-10.fc10.x86_64
kernel-devel-2.6.29-10.fc10.x86_64
kernel-headers-2.6.29-10.fc10.x86_64
kernel-firmware-2.6.29-10.fc10.noarch

Note that only kernel and kernel-devel install multiple
instances, so the firmware, headers, and doc
on my system are only the 2.6.29 versions (which is what makes
me want to be very very careful :-).