Chown ???

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 20:52:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:46 PM, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
>> As SU and in /home/michael folder I'am running the command;
>>
>> chown -R michael:michael *
>
> that should work.
>
>> But it is not changing to owner "michael"   in SOME of the folders and
>> files in his 'home' folders.
>> What command would I use ??
>
> try 'chown -R michael:michael /home/michael'.
>
> [also, as a note to your typing, 'SU' should be 'su'.]

If i read him right then the hidden files and such aren't getting the
right owner/group. I think its just the way the * is exapanded in the
shell.
he should have used *.* or what you suggested : chown -R
michael:michael /home/michael
--
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand."

-Albert Einstein