Forttran 77

Nifty Fedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Wed Apr 8 02:47:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 08:05:23PM -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> mjain at lavabit.com wrote:
>>  hi to all
>>
>>                   I want  help to install Fortran 77 on my laptop at
>> present i am using FC9. please  help me .
>
> Install:
>
> 	 compat-gcc-34-g77
>
> It sould give you a g77 command which will compile F77 programs.

F77 is an 'old' fortran.   Are your programs equally as old?

One of the generic way to find packages like compat-gcc-34-g77 is:

	yum info all > /tmp/infoall
	less /tmp/infoall   # search for fortran or Fortran or FORTRAN.

Of interest the Intel compiler suite for students has a good price.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?