Fedora and Dell Vostro

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Apr 8 12:55:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 07:38 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 11:42:42AM -0700, Craig White wrote:

> > > Actually, we've made good strides for support in the "radeon" and
> > > "nouveau" (ATI and Nvidia, respectively) open source drivers for Xorg
> > > lately, which will be appearing in Fedora 11.
> > ----
> > now if we could get xrandr up to 1.3 (I think it's still hanging at
> > 1.2.3), I could conceivably get virtual scrolling back.
>
> Run this:
>
> repoquery --repoid=rawhide --changelog xorg-x11-server-utils
>
> The latest changelog entry concerning xrandr shows that the package
> coming to Fedora 11 at this point includes 1.2.99.4, which I assume is
> a 1.3 pre-release.
----
son of gun...I love you man

I had downloaded the F11-Beta-DVD, loop mounted the iso and did an rpm
-qp --changelog on xorg-x11-server-utils and it only listed 1.2.3 for
xrandr

I was frustrated in my attempts to install the F11-Beta and I figured
why go through the pain if it can't cure my problem. I will get it
installed at some point today.

My Aspire One tiny screen might get virtual scrolling after
all...yippee!

Craig

believed to be clean.