application to suck up RSS to local storage?

Ted Roche tedroche at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:18:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Peter Teoh <htmldeveloper at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you everyone, in summary the options are:
>
> a.   Apache Aggregator, Feedapi
> b.   rss2email
> c.   Mozilla Seamonkey
> d.   customizing wget

I *think* you're looking for an RSS aggregator, and a quick Google
search will tell you that there are many to choose from.  RSSowl and
straw are standalone program that aggregate RSS, store it locally, and
provide an interface for viewing. Straw can be installed with 'yum
install straw' straight from the repositories.

http://projects.gnome.org/straw/

http://www.rssowl.org/

I prefer to use Google Reader, myself, as there's not a significant
delay on a decent internet connection, and there's nothing to maintain
on the local machine.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC