[Request] Language support packages not installed by default

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 9 15:11:04 UTC 2009

R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> It looks like the actual langpack files are in /usr/lib/firefox-x.y.z.
>> You can try deleting them, then 'touch' the filename to create a zero
>> byte file, then make the file immutable with 'chattr +i'. That might
>> crash the update process, though.

Langpack file symlinks to /dev/null?  ;-)

Mikkel L. Ellertson:
> Nice idea. But it is not going to help. When Firefox is upgraded, a
> new firefox-<version> directory is created. The language packs are
> installed there.

Can user custom post install scripts be put into something?  A psuedo
Firefox RPM, perhaps.

All of those languages do affect start up time, particularly after a
Firefox update.  That can be very annoying if you wanted to quickly look
something up.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686