Chown ???

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 9 20:31:43 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009, Jim wrote:
>Rick Stevens wrote:
>> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>>> Dear me, all you youngsters prattling on about these new-fangled
>>> "microprocessors". The first system I managed was a PDP-11/45.
>>
>> Got ya beat.  First managed a Univac (can't recall the model), moved to
>> an S/360, Burroughs Medium System 12, Xerox Sigma 7, DG Nova 2/10, DEC
>> PDP-8, PDP-11/45 and VAX 11/785, THEN got the Altairs and IMSAIs (and
>> Amigas and clones and lions and tigers and bears, oh my!).
>>
>> And now, back to the real topic.  (What was it again? I forget...)
>> -- Rick
>
>I knew it , just give it time, and the BIG GUYS will  jump out of the
>Woodwork.
>Did you ever buy a Trash-80 ?

Careful now, those are fightin words in this camp.

>From another screen on this machine:
Welcome to minicom 2.3

Compiled on Aug 29 2008, 07:16:49.
Port /dev/ttyS0

               Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

{t2|04}/DD:
 Directory of .  2009/04/09 16:50
BOOTTRACK       CMDS            DEFS            HDBDOS11.DSK    MAXTOR
MODULES         NEWBOOT         NITROS9         NOS96309        OLDCMDS
OLDDEFS         OLDSYS          PcDos.doc       PcDos.doc1      Pcdos.lzh
SYS             UTILS2          cc3go           UTILS2.tmp      dskini
dummy           gene            startyup        test.p          old-sysgo
utils2.merge-list               print-test.b09  sysgo           sysgo.asm
SRC             discscan4floppy dsave.out       startup         devel
p               ekodrvr
That is the root directory of a Color Computer 3, running nitros9-3.2.8 as the
os.  The more things change, the more they stay the same, it is a
multiuser/multitasking os running on an 8 bit Hitachi 63C09 cpu, at 1.79
mhz/second.  It has a 1GB scsi hard drive, 2 megs of ram.  Lots more but I
suppose I'd bore the list.  A true legacy computer, complete with a bluetooth
serial port, although that was scraped from a wired connection.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

This is an IBM Manual scroll.--More--