Chown ???

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 10 13:51:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 21:55 +0100, psmith wrote:
> the first ever program being
>
> 10 print "phil is cool"
> 20 goto 10
> run

Blasphemer!  Stone him, stone him, he used a GOTO!  That word is
forbidden and must never be uttered...     ;-)

> lol, and we also learned logo with the edinburgh turtle that used was
> to plot drawings on the floor that you had programmed in.

I wonder if anyone ever used one of them as a giant CAD plotter?

Anyone remember KAREL on the Apple ][?  My high school used it as an
example in the most basic of programming skills.  Not that I ever saw
anyone other than the teacher actually use it.  Students were
just /told/ about it.

> so obviously i'm not as old as some of you but i' ve still been around
> a bit lol :D

If you're a moderately old-timer, you can do hex to binary in your head.
If you're even older, you can do octal to decimal, and vice versa.  For
extra brownie points, you know EBCDIC in your head.  ;-)

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.