Chown ???

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 11 01:39:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 10:27 -0400, Peter Neilson wrote:
> Once knew someone who built himself a computer out of old pinball
> machines and an Oliver typewriter.

Reminds me a story we were told while we were supposed to be studying
audio electronics:  Gutted pinball machines were discovered near a
Russian embassy, the reason being that they contained integrated
circuits that were on the embargo list of things not to be sold to them.
Naturally, some wag at the back of the class couldn't resist play-acting
how the Russians would launch their missiles, to everyone's amusement -
miming pulling back the spring loaded rod that fires the ball off onto
the table.

> I also remember when I walked to school through snow deeper than I was
> tall, and it was uphill both ways.

Bah, we didn't even have snow back then...  ;-)

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.