Preupgrade F10 to rawhide. Kernel panic (Revised)

dp activecs at activ8.net.au
Sat Apr 11 22:42:28 UTC 2009

I didn't get a response yet, so perhaps I should have given more
detail, as below.
I ran the above preupgrade, and all seemed well,
although I did the download in two sessions as it took a long time,
until the reboot at the end. Then it stopped at:

	Write Protecting the Kernel read only date 1440k
	Failed to execute /init
	Kernel Panic not syncing. No init found. Try passing init=
	option to kernel.

It had inserted the following info in grub.conf:

	title Upgrade to Rawhide
        kernel /upgrade/vmlinuz preupgrade repo=hd::/var/cache/yum/preupgrade stage2=hd:UUID=22c9c075
-aae8-4499-a275-1ed321adafa3:/upgrade/install.img ks=hd:UUID=22c9c075-aae8-4499-a275-1ed321adafa3:/upgrade/ks.cfg

	I don't think there is a /init as such, so I don't know what I
	should do.
	Google didn't seem to help me, so any help appreciated!

D P
South Australia