Software request

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Mon Apr 13 20:59:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 02:03:47 +0930, Tim wrote:
	[....]
>> so how do I get to vimtutor? Launch it from the CLI?
>
> Go into a terminal, type vi and hit TAB...

	OK. I got a little bit of somewhat cryptic info about vi, and
page after page about the GPL or the children in Uganda. Then it came to
a dead end, afaict -- a screen blank except for a line of some character
down the side in blue.

	^C got me a line saying to type ":quit" to get out of the
remaining featureless page.

	I did, and it did -- i.e., gave me my prompt back.

	This is interaction?? Or there's something there that you have to
already know vi to see??

	PS: I tried it again, to see what the blue margin was. This time
it asked me if I wanted to see all 205 possibilities. I told it no.

	That's qith a space between "vi" and the tab. Without the space,
it does nothing, afaict. Does that mean "You had your chance; now to hell
with you"?