Firefox 3 hogging 90% CPU, can anything be done about this?

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 22:13:45 UTC 2009

2009/4/14 Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>:
> On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 11:23 -0700, Hugh Caley wrote:
>> Proprietary is here; we need to deal with it.
<snip>
> I wouldn't be surprised if Redhat, et al, have tried to deal with closed
> source companies.

They must have done or still do:

Name       : flash-plugin
Repo       : rhel-i386-client-supplementary-5

Name       : acroread
Repo       : rhel-i386-client-supplementary-5

(For the uninitiated, those are Red Hat provided "official" packages
for Adobe Flash and Adobe Acrobat Reader for Red Hat Enterprise Linux)

To get the rights to package and distribute those, they must at least
have a working (or commercial) relationship with Adobe.

--
Sam