suspend config

François Patte Francois.Patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Thu Apr 16 15:45:31 UTC 2009

Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> a écrit :

> On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 10:24 +0200, François Patte wrote:
>> Suspend is working well on my laptop except one thing: on resume, I
>> cannot use the modem link without: 1) stopping slmodem 2) unloading
>> module snd_intel8x0m 3) reloading module snd_intel8x0m 4) restarting
>> slmodem.
>>
>> Is there a way to make these operations automatically done?
>
> You could write a script with the appropriate commands, and have the
> script run by the power manager (it'll run scripts when going to sleep
> and waking up).  I'm not on Fedora 8, but on Fedora 9, there's
> a /etc/pm/sleep.d/ directory for putting such scripts into.
>
> Using the following as a template, you'd place your commands where I've
> left a huge long line of hashes (your commands instead of the hashes).

I tried something like:

#!/bin/bash
case "$1" in

         hibernate|suspend)
                 service slmodem stop && rmmod snd_intel8x0m
                 ;;

         thaw|resume)
                 modprobe snd_intel8x0m && service slmodem start
                 ;;

         *)
                 ;;

esac

exit $?

Result: none! Even no complain in the log file....

Thanks anyway.
--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique