Random crashes - 2.6.27 kernel, Intel CPU

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Thu Apr 16 21:22:52 UTC 2009

My new (sigh!) PVR based on the ASUS P5N7A-VM with an Intel Core2 Duo
and 2G of memory has developed an unfortunate tendency to crash. I
can't find anything in /var/log/messages or from dmesg that might
indicate that something is about to go wrong. I'm running
2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.i686. The only thing that might be unusual is a
250 G Ext4 filesystem that's in use (read) at the time of the crashes.

Any pointers to diagnostic procedures would be appreciated.