suspend config

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 17 00:53:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 17:45 +0200, François Patte wrote:
> I tried something like:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> case "$1" in
>
>          hibernate|suspend)
>                  service slmodem stop && rmmod snd_intel8x0m
>                  ;;
>

>          thaw|resume)
>                  modprobe snd_intel8x0m && service slmodem start
>                  ;;
>
>          *)
>                  ;;
>
> esac
>
> exit $?
>
> Result: none! Even no complain in the log file....

Try running the script manually, with parameters to control what it
does.  e.g.  Presuming the script was called "controlmodem" do:

./controlmodem suspend

And see if it does anything.  Likewise, try:

./controlmodem resume

Don't forget to make the script executable.  And how and where did you
create the script?  If you created it in the directory it lives in, or
copied it there, it should have the right SELinux permissions to run.
But if you created it elsewhere, and moved it, it won't.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.