2 sata drives using 1 cable

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 17 02:43:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 21:27 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> What I want to know, is if 1 sata HD can slave off another sata HD?
> Like using IDE drives and using one as master, and one as slave, both
> using same IDE cable, with just more than one connection on it?

No, it's one per cable.

If you have a spare PCI slot (or another type of card slot), you can add
a SATA host card.  Though, remember that can cause the computer to
renumber the drives (whichever it considers the first drive may change).
If you find your computer doesn't boot after adding drives, change where
the drives are plugged into, put your first drive where it thinks the
first drive socket is.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686