Firefox 3 hogging 90% CPU, can anything be done about this?

Varun Khaneja khaneja+fedoralist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:43:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Varun Khaneja wrote:
> > While discussing issues related to Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader on
> > this list may help bring the problem out to people on this list, it would
> > be most effective to report the problem at respective forums or bugzilla
> > so that the problem gets addressed.
>
> +1, problems with proprietary software have to be reported to the company
> producing it.
>
>        Kevin Kofler

Very interesting.
While what you say is true to some extent, I'm afraid I don't agree completely.
Isn't what you mentioned a case with open source software too?

The problems need to be reported where they can be addressed:
In case of proprietary software, it is the organization's forum or bug base.
In case of open source software, it is the software's bug base.

Best,
- Varun