Monitor instantly sleeps

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Apr 19 06:17:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:07:47 +0600
Adeel Akbar wrote:

> Hi, it's not a screen saver setting issue. I also faced this situation that
> when I am going to start Fedora 10, after few seconds monitor has been sleep
> and I see that anacorn service was not initialized, is it bug or any other
> problem.

Does this happen on the login screen or only after you have logged in to
your desktop?

What is anacorn?  If it's some sort of third-party screen handler thing, perhaps
it's not compatible with Fedora.  Try booting without it.

Do you have the same problem when you boot into runlevel 3 instead of runlevel
5?