openoffice pdf export font problems

Theodore Papadopoulo Theodore.Papadopoulo at sophia.inria.fr
Sun Apr 19 09:00:49 UTC 2009

Ian Malone wrote:
> Has anyone seen this in Fedora 10?  I've got some equations (a few
> arrays, but the problem also affects '4 times 4') in a .odt file and
> exporting them to PDF from OpenOffice in F10 results in odd glyphs in
> place of the characters I'd expect.  The same .odt exported from
> OpenOffice 2.3 in Fedora 8 turns out fine.

I have exactly the same problem. I though have come to the conclusion
that it's not
the openoffice fault as the pdf works nicely (for me) with acrobat
reader. The problem
arises when I print the file. The only solution I have found so far,
printing directly from
openoffice (I had to hack the gtkrc to have the option). Printing in a
pdf/ps file (the only default
solution) and then printing leads to the same problem when printing...

    Theo.