selinux and per-user web directories

anonymous bitskrieg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 22:40:50 UTC 2009

It seems that problem stems from using compressed  files downloaded from the
internet.

I can create any number of directories and files I want, and they will all
be labeled as such:
unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s
which I'm allowed to serve.
However, when I uncompress a gzipped file into the web directory, it doesn't
work.
I have no idea why because it has the same label as the others:
unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s

You really want to use semanage or the next relabel will undo your changes

I'm not sure what you mean by relabel. Is that done automatically?

Have you checked the apache logs?

There aren't any errors in the logs.