who can introduce me some good redhat linux book and download links

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue Apr 21 03:37:50 UTC 2009

Les in his posting wonders how you can check the versions to which
online documentation applies and I'm concerned about that too. I think
the quickest way to learn is to grab a few different distros, figure out
how to install them, and then do a combination of researching with
Google and asking questions on various mailing lists. Learning how to
Google an answer or research some point of interest is really important.
Asking good questions on mailing lists can result in very interesting

In addition to the above, I've subscribed to the same mailing lists for
years and download all the messages. I try never to miss a message. In
this way Thunderbird becomes a kind of loosely organized knowledgebase.
It travels with me everywhere. When I have a question I search my
messages first. Often someone else asked the same question (pick any
number and put it in this space) years ago and elicited several
still-valid responses and I can put the answer to use then and there.
Sometimes also, reviewing these makes me wonder if there is updated
information available, and then I may Google more and/or ask a question.

Take Unix classes as well because then you benefit from an experienced
instructor and students with varying expertise levels.

Dive in with a distro and get your hands very dirty. (Smile.)

Bob