Logwatch problem?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Apr 21 13:28:54 UTC 2009

Greetings all;

Fedora 10 install, pretty well upto date, quad core phenom 9550, 4GB ram,
kernel 2.6.30-rc2.  Uptime is about 6 days.

I noticed my machine was lagging badly, so I took a look with htop, and

/usr/bin/perl /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/shared/onlyservice init

is using 99% of a core (4 core machine) and /dev/sda3 is showing about a
15Meg/sec continuous read operation.  This has been going on for at least an
hour.

What is it doing?

And why?

Thanks.