Virtualization for Beginner

das das at randomink.org
Wed Apr 22 02:30:49 UTC 2009

Hello Friends

As a member of a local linux group called GLT, a few different distros
of GNU-Linux we have to handle. One or two versions of each Fedora,
Ubuntu, and OpenSuse.

Earlier, I installed more than one Linux on the HD just for getting
some suggestion when someone is in problem. Gradually, due to the UUID
and all this is becoming problemsome. One brute way out is to rewrite
'fstab' with device-names in place of UUID-s. But people say these
days a lot of applications read the UUID-s, so this may get
problemsome.

So, after some friends suggested, I now want to go into
virtualization. And I know nothing. I have a really huge amount of HD
space, and 4GB memory. And my CPU has the virtualization flags. I am
myself using Fedora 11 Beta and I want to have virtual installations
of Ubuntu and OpenSuse on my system.

Can you people please suggest me from where to start, some good
documentation, and not too technical. We are a Linux-User group,
mainly teachers in profession.

Thanking You

--
দাশ das