Question(s) default firewall in Fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 23 02:45:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 05:32 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> I saw that under other OS's(linux) opening a page using konqueror the
> machine's CPU goes up very high and it is trying to do something.
> Under Fedora this does not happen and someone told me that because the
> firewall is enabled the website cannot come in to the machine.

I find that explanation rather incredible.  You'd expect the opposite,
that if the firewall was stopping something, your machine would be doing
less work.

It's more likely that your browser is chewing the CPU more is because of
some plugin in your browser is doing more.  Such as one browser is
trying to deal with using Flash, and the other is ignoring it.  Or Java,
or Javascript, etc.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686