F10: Konqueror unusable after this morning's updates.

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:31:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 20:25 +0200, Julian Weißgerber wrote:

> On Thursday 23 April 2009 at 20:11:34, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 20:01 +0200, Julian Weißgerber wrote:
> > > I've got a series 6 Geforce and use the 180.51 driver from nvidia.com and
> > > have no scrolling issues in Konqueror. It sounds like a driver/X/Qt issue
> > > to me. You might want to try using the nv or vesa X drivers and see
> > > whether the problem persists.
> >
> > I'll wait a bit... hopefully rpmfusion will make the 180.51 driver
> > available or someone else will sort the situation out.  I doubt that I
> > am the only person with this problem.
> >
> > What is your screensize ?  What happens if you scroll www.cbc.ca ?
> >
> > Have you rebooted since the updates this morning ?
> >
> > Thanks !
>
> My screen size: 1280x960 at 24 bits depth at 85 Hz and 90 dpi (19").

OK.  I'm running dual screens, 1680x1050.

> www.cbc.ca scrolls fine for me.

Thanks.

> Just did a reboot to test this and it's still working.

Thanks again.

> I used to wait for the drivers to get onto rpmfusion but 180.29 is from early
> february... I'm too inpatient to wait that long, esp. with KDE4 performance as
> it is with NVidia cards.

I haven't built an nvidia driver in over a year.  I think I'll send
rpmfusion an email.

> Btw, do other KDE apps scroll fine for you?

Dolphin scrolls fine.  So does gwenview.

I just retested Konqueror and now it scrolls www.cbc.ca just fine.  I
have no idea why.  I didn't reboot or anything.

Stand by for further information.